© Copyright medicallyfit.org. All rights reserved.

Main Office: 819 McKay Ct. • Boardman, OH 44512   phone: (330) 261-0020

email: medicallyfitoh@gmail.com

Se habla Español

 

A Nutritional Path to a Healthier Life

Medically Fit Program

EVALUATION

At Medically Fit we begin with each new patient and evaluate their history and habits as they relate to their health and lifestyle.  Once we have a strong grasp on how every participant in the program has arrived at their current conditions we then couple this information with the combined goals of the individual and the goals of the program.  At this point it is time to move on to the next step for the Weight Management program know as the Body Composition.

 

BODY COMPOSITION

Using state of the art technology and equipment which has been the industry gold standard for over twenty years and has been cleared by the FDA for its use Medically fit will be able to provide the most accurate measurements of fat, bone, water and muscle for each individual participant.  This information will then reveal specific results that will allow an individual plan to be created and provide certain steps to follow beginning in most instances with Detoxification.  This information is provided by analysis retrieved from state of the art technology that provides specific information regarding Weight, Body Mass Index (BMI), Body Fat Mass, Percentage and Range as well as Visceral Fat Rating, Body Water, Muscle and Bone Mass and finally Metabolism and Physique Rating.

 

DETOXIFICATION

During the detoxification stage of the program Medically Fit  will assist you in cleansing your entire body including the digestive system in order to prepare you for a new healthy

lifestyle.  This detoxification will be different for each participant depending on their individual eating habits, amount of normal exercise and newly prescribed diet that will be forthcoming in the Metabolic Regulation step.  An initial system cleansing recommendation will be set forth for you to follow for an short period of time which will result in a fresh start for you body to begin to regulate and adjust to a new healthier lifestyle.

 

REGULATION OF METABOLISM

Medically Fit recognizes that metabolism is directly linked to weight.  However it can not be disputed and is evident in medicine at all levels that metabolism is rarely the cause of excess weight gain. Excess weight gain is ultimately determined by a combination of FOOD AND BEVERAGE INTAKE AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY! Specifically speaking "Metabolism is the process by which your body converts what you eat and drink into energy.  During this complex biochemical process, calories in food and beverages are combined with oxygen to release the energy your body needs to function.  Even when your at rest, your body needs energy for all its 'hidden functions', such as breathing, circulating blood, adjusting hormone levels, and growing and repairing cells.  The number of calories your body uses to carry out these basic functions is know as your basal metabolic rate-what you might call metabolism".*  Your individual basal metabolic rate is determined by several factors including your body size and composition, your sex and of course your age.   Medically Fit will help you recognize that 70 percent of the calories you burn every day are accounted for by your basal metabolic rate.  The other KEY factors are Thermogenesis or Food processing and Physical Activity make up the balance or the other 30%.  Medically Fit will teach you a balance of controlling your calorie intake while still enjoying the food and beverages that make you YOU as well as the simple daily habits that will help you burn the calories needed to live a healthy lifestyle balanced with your wants and needs.